This week in the kitchen we developed some fresh and delicious recipes to spice up your summer dishes. We wanted to keep them healthy, simple, and with as little preparation as possible. That’s why we decided to test the carefully developed, first-class Personal Blender from Animal health, the Beast B10 mixer.
The blender’s minimalist and streamlined design is configured to make it easy to eat healthy whole foods. It is reminiscent of Dieter Rams’ less-is-more philosophy. As avid Vitamix users, however, we were excited to see if this ONE button blender could meet our mixing needs. Not only does this blender offer a powerful punch, but you can honestly leave it on your counter. And that says a lot about someone who hides all their unsightly gadgets.
Below are the two recipes we came up with while testing the animal. I hope you find it refreshing!
Avocado Gazpacho (makes 4 servings)
2 cucumbers, roughly chopped
1/2 Vidalia red onion, roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped with seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of xvoo
1 avocado, pitted and peeled
1 bunch of coriander with stalks
- Mix the cucumber, onions, garlic and jalapeno with salt in a mixing bowl. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Add lime juice, vinegar and oil and pour the entire mixture into blender and puree.
- Add the avocado and coriander and mash again until creamy.
Sweet + spicy pepper margarita (makes 4 drinks)
1 sweet yellow pepper
1/2 jalapeño pepper
6 ounces tequila
3 ounces of lime juice
2 ounces triple sec
6 medium ice cubes
- First, put all the vegetables + ice in Beast, then add liquid and mix everything until smooth.
- Serve in a glass with an optional spicy salt rim or a jalapeño slice to garnish.
Now you have these great recipes that we know you will want to try for yourself. Check out the entire Beast Blender experience from $ 155 here. And if this is your first time shopping at Design Milk, enter the code SUMMER15 for a 15% discount on your order.