1. I’ve been staring at this Black Coverlet Coat from Bode for the past few months and now I’ve had an internal dialogue that fluctuates between “I want it!”. and “I need it!” Yes, I have a lot of coats, but this textured geometric pattern makes my heart dance and my fingers want to touch it.
2. I have no fewer than five tissue boxes spread over 700 square feet because of allergies. The patterns on the boxes make me wince (it’s 2021, can someone create new ones ?!). When I received this Everybody Tissue Box from Dusen Dusen for Areaware as a Christmas present, I was thrilled. The multi-colored striped faces make grabbing handkerchiefs so much more appealing. I only need four more to cover the rest of the ugly boxes …
3. I download the monthly designer desktops that we offer every month for my different tech devices, but sometimes I mix them up and go for something super minimal like these Dieter Rams wallpapers. You can download them for free and check out some of his best Braun designs.
4. I love this handcrafted Kampan hand mirror from Open Editions. There are five different colors, each with its own no-frills ceramic shape. It would look cool to hang on a wall or a vanity until you need it.
5. We all spend a ridiculous amount of time on social media, especially since the pandemic started almost a year ago. In order to feel better with so much screen time, I try to fill my feeds with visually enticing things like Dan Lam’s Instagram feed. In addition to the seductive dripping sculptural shapes, the menagerie made of neon and bright colors will enchant your eyes. Check out Lam’s videos they create for added visual satisfaction.